Mr. Modi bombed the entire nation 4 nights ago, with the demonetization of 500 and 1000 currency notes. The entire country has ended up in a big financial chaos since then. People don't have enough valid currency to buy necessities, pay salaries/wages to their staff, and even medical expenses. They are standing in long queues outside banks and ATMs, only to find out that it has run out of money before their turn came. People with hoards of unaccounted cash are looking for ways to turn it into white money, worried they might just lose it all.
In all this chaos, I'm thanking my lucky stars. Why?
- Because I don't need to worry about any unaccounted money.
- Because there's no medical emergency (touch wood) or wedding in my family in this period.
- Because I have already paid my rent, staff wages and other monthly dues, within the first week of the month.
- Because I have sufficient petrol in my car, talktime in my phone, and data balance in my internet plan.
- Because I did my monthly grocery shopping last week.
- Because I have a few 100 bucks in small currency, which is enough to cover my daily expenses for a week or so.
- Because I have earned enough goodwill in the neighborhood that I can get some stuff on credit if required.
So I don't need to go out and stand in long queues right now. I can wait, till the banks have sorted out all the initial kinks in the process and the queues have become shorter. I can wait till the ones with more pressing needs get a bit of cash first.
We live in times when markets are flooded with choices, and everybody wants everything. And gradually, the lines between wants and needs tend to blur. That's when such moments of crisis help us understand what's really important in our life.
Attempting #100HappyDays for the first time. Today was Day 1.
(Continued below sponsored content)
Let me know you visited me. Leave a comment!
And if you enjoyed reading this post, then please SHARE it. You can use the following buttons for sharing. Thank you! :)