If you've been around this space for a while, you know this already... I'm out-and-out a tea person!
Here are a few ways in which tea plays an important role in my life.
- It gives me that much needed mental "kick" when my mind feels sleepy and sluggish.
- If it's well-made, then it's a perfect mood up-lifter for me. It makes me feel like my purpose in life has been achieved. Full contentment.
- An occasional, odd-timed, after-lunch cup of tea is a special "bonding ritual" for my sister and me.
- Similarly, an occasional, odd-timed, midnight cup of tea, along with snacks from the office cafeteria, were a special "bonding ritual" between my old flatmate and me in Noida (when we used to work night shifts).
- Tea is also Dad's way of making up with me after a fight.
We don't have the milky Indian tea though. We prefer liquor tea. It was quite a coincidence really. My Dad is the only member of his family who took liquor tea. And he got married to my mom, who came from a family where they had liquor tea too!
Having tea together has been a part of our daily morning ritual forever. Here's a picture of it - Tea & Toast!: Photo A Day - Morning Ritual.
We even have halwa with tea and paapad! Here, check this out - Photo A Day: Delicious.
By the way, we also had those quaint English tea sets earlier, like the kind in the picture above, complete with the spout and even the tea-cozies! They're not "transportation friendly" though (the spout and handles break very easily), so we gave them away when we were relocating.
Tea is like a sacred ritual for me, in fact... more meaningful than going to a place of worship.
Do you think I'm crazy?
What's you favorite hot drink anyway?
Please DO join in this month-long marathon of sharing about ourselves. If not on your blogs, join in the comments below each post, here or on Facebook!
This is my 12th post for KBL Jun 2015: My Favorites.
(Continued below sponsored content)
Let me know you visited me. Leave a comment!
And if you enjoyed reading this post, then please SHARE it. You can use the following buttons for sharing. Thank you! :)