As the blogosphere keeps getting older and more-and-more populated, it has started developing its own set of vocabulary. I recently came across an article that listed some very strange terms that people have come up with in the context of blogging. For example:
- Blogophobia - a fear of blogging, of blogs, and of bloggers!
- Blogopotamus - a huuuuuuuge post! (Something like this.)
- Blogathy - derived from apathy; lack of interest and enthusiasm in blogging.
(“I haven’t updated my blog for days, but I just don’t care!”)
In fact, they’ve even come up with specific terms for common habits of bloggers! Have a look!
10 Common Blogging Habits
- Metablogging – What I’m doing this month… writing articles about blogging.
- Blog hopping – This is what all of us “A to Z” participants are doing this month… jumping from one blog to another… trying to read and comment on as many posts as possible!
- Blegging – Begging through your blog, for votes usually, but could be for anything else too. I’ve done it twice here so far. Here’s occasion 1 and here’s occasion 2.
- Blogstipation – When a blogger gets hit by constipation? LOL! Yeah. Sort of. A mental constipation. More commonly known as the "writers’ block"! Here are some laxatives that I recommend - 10 Tips To Overcome Writers' Block.
- Blogorrhea – The opposite of blogstipation. This happens when the blogger just can’t stop blogging! I had a severe case of blogorrhea back in 2013, from April to July, when I published 140 posts in 4 months!
- Blogsitting – Like babysitting, when one blogger maintains the blog of another blogger in his/her absence. (I can think of one person who’d be more than happy to blogsit for me when I’m away!)
- Blogvertising - Advertising on a blog. Renting ad space, or buying a sponsored post usually. (I wonder if somebody would like to blogvertise on miss_teerious currently.)
- Blurking – Lurking quietly around blogs, without posting any comments. I’ve got a lot of blurkers here. They come, they read, they leave. :D Actually, I was doing the same thing on other blogs when my blog was off the grid last year.
- Doppelblogging – Plagiarizing the content of another blog, thereby haunting the original content creator, giving him a few sleepless nights and forcing him to find out ways of reporting copyright violation!
- Blogoholism - Addiction to blogging. My sister says I’m addicted to blogging. Do you agree with her?
So these are some common blogging habits that I read about and decided to share with you guys. Some of these are quite funny, don’t you think? :D
This is my eighth post for 2015 AprilAtoZ.
Link to the previous post: A to Z of Blogging: G - Goals.
(Continued below sponsored content)
Let me know you visited me. Leave a comment!
And if you enjoyed reading this post, then please SHARE it. You can use the following buttons for sharing. Thank you! :)