I rarely made stuffed anything before I got my microwave oven. Reason being that you need to turn the stuffed vegetables around in the frying pan for uniform cooking all over, and my hands were too clumsy to do that without breaking or mashing them. But with microwave cooking, I just need to arrange the stuffed vegetables once in the dish, and then the microwave does the uniform cooking. I make stuffed vegetables quite often now, especially stuffed capsicums, which are my favorite. Here's my recipe for making Stuffed Capsicum in Microwave.
Recipe For Stuffed Capsicum in Microwave:
4 medium-size capsicums
500g potatoes - boiled, peeled and crumbled
1 large onion - diced
1 green chilli - finely chopped
1 tsp refined oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/3 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp haldi powder (turmeric)
2 tsp dhania powder (coriander)
1/2 tsp khatai (dried mango powder)
1/4 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
Prepare the Stuffing:
- Heat the oil in a fry pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Add the chopped green chilli and diced onions, and saute till onion turns brownish.
- Add all the spices and roast for a few seconds.
- Add the boiled and crumbled potatoes, mix well and allow to cook for a while.
- Let cool.
- Cut off the stems of the capsicums with a sharp knife, and scoop out the seeds.
- Fill the prepared stuffing in these shelled capsicums.
- Arrange in a micro-proof dish (uncovered) and cook on P100 in the microwave for 5 minutes.
And that's it. Your stuffed capsicums in microwave are ready, and the only oil used in the recipe was for preparing the stuffing! Easy to cook and healthy to eat!
I usually stuff my capsicums with a potato-stuffing, but you can also stuff them with paneer (cottage cheese) or mushrooms, or whatever else you like.
Here's more in Recipes from miss_teerious!
This is my seventh post for 2013 April Spring Cleaning Challenge.
Link to the previous post: "Silly Saturday: Eyes Have It!"
Let me know you visited me. Say "Hello"!
And if you enjoyed reading this post, then please SHARE it. Use the following buttons. Thank you! :)