Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Photo A Day: Trash

Day 28 of "March Photo A Day Challenge" : Trash

Another one from Patna...


I took this pic from my balcony in Patna. Those are the kids of the sweeper of my building. You can see them burning trash in the lane right across my building, the older one in pink pajamas, and the younger one in blue.

At the time of taking this pic, they were not more than 3 years and 1.5 years old respectively. And yet, they wandered about in the streets without adult supervision (despite the fact that this was an area with full on traffic) and (as you can see in the picture above) were even allowed to play with fire on their own! :-|


This is my 28th post for NaBloPoMo March 2012.
Link to the previous post: "Photo A Day: Your Name"

(Continued below sponsored content)


DMCA.com Protection Status

Let me know you visited me. Leave a comment!

And if you enjoyed reading this post, then please SHARE it. You can use the following buttons for sharing. Thank you! :)



Sign-up for my FREE Weekly Email Newsletter

  • Get all my updates directly in your inbox.
  • Read my personal stories & have a laugh at my expense.
  • Get recommendations on books, lifestyle & entertainment.
  • Get your weekly dose of inspiration and positivity.
  • Get Exclusive BONUS Stuff every month!

"One blog that I keep coming back to! Witty, introspective, fun, insightful..." - Amrapali Dixit

* I solemnly swear that I will NEVER spam you OR give your email ID to anyone else.

6 comments:

BK Chowla, said...

I am sure you know,as per Govt's own stastics,77% of indians earn LESS than Rs 20/day.
This is a reality which is hitting us in our faces

Chicky a.k.a. Kaddu said...

Well, that's mostly because those very same people (the one who fall in that 77%) breed like rats!

Those 2 kids in the photograph were not even 3 years old, and they had a 3rd sibling too, who was just a few months old. And their mother is not even 18 years old!

They marry off their daughters at the age of 13-15, and before she touches 18, she has her own set of 3-4 kids. No wonder that they make up such a huge 77% bracket! Because the remaining 23% do not produce so many babies, and most certainly not at such a young age!

Roshmi Sinha said...

I agree with you – totally. Our views really need to change. A population that cannot feed itself brings numerous members into this world. We can’t blame the govt. for everything. India is a difficult country to govern. Just shouting slogans and media-induced fury about ‘corruption’ will not change anything. Mindsets need to change; we need to self-govern and only then can certain deep-rooted malaises be dealt with, at least to an extent. And only then can ‘corruption’ etc be reduced.

Chicky a.k.a. Kaddu said...

Corruption is deeply routed within the government. It's something they really need to clean themselves off. It's a very different issue. But as for poverty and 77% below Rs. 20/day... that's something that the people are responsible for themselves. Self governance is required very much, yes.

Roshmi Sinha said...

Corruption is presumed to be monetary corruption - but that is only a by-product of the many deep-rooted malaises in our society and within ourselves - in our thoughts, hearts and actions.

Chicky a.k.a. Kaddu said...

Couldn't agree more.

Post a Comment

Hi! Please share your views/queries on this article here.

You can comment with your Google Account (gmail ID).

To receive email reply to your comment, check the "Notify me" box below the comment box.

And don't forget to sign-up for my FREE Email Newsletter! (Don't worry, I hate spam too!)