What’s the one thing standing between India and Modi ji’s dream of #DigitalIndia?
We all know the answer to that one, don’t we? It is “affordable high-speed internet connection”!
Every time I go for stock purchasing for my store, I have to make a list on paper, despite the fact that I maintain a complete up-to-date inventory in an Excel spreadsheet, and that spreadsheet is saved in my Dropbox folder, which makes it accessible via my phone from anywhere. Regardless of that, I cannot use that spreadsheet directly for ordering, because it just doesn’t download fast enough when I’m at the market!
|Every internet user's worst nightmare... that dotted circle in the center!|
(Screenshot captured from http://www.zeetv.com)
And the one TV show that I like to watch – Dance India Dance – starts from 9 pm every Saturday and Sunday. Saturdays are okay, as it is my weekly off that day, but on Sundays, I always get held up at the shop. Schools reopen on Monday, so naturally the kids have last-minute stationery shopping to do on Sunday! As a result, I always miss at least two dance performances every Sunday. I try to catch up later on Zee TV’s website, but again, it takes AGES to stream the video!
Oh and Google Maps! It is of absolutely no use without a high-speed internet connection! So many times, I have failed to give correct navigation instructions to Dad, just because the app wouldn’t update my current location on a real-time basis! One missed left-turn, and we’re forced to take a U-turn after another kilometer or so. What does that translate to? A grumbling Dad! (Naturally!)
Recently I saw this new Airtel 4G TV ad... (embedded below)
I am so impressed by this Ad! Looks like FINALLY there might be a solution to my internet woes! Ever since I’ve seen this Ad, I can’t stop dreaming…
What will it be like to have that kind of internet speed at my fingertips?
- No more list-making for sure! I will smartly produce my smartphone from my handbag, and rattle off the names of all the items marked in red.
- No more getting lost either and being scolded at by Dad!
- And missing part of Dance India Dance won’t be so painful anymore either.
- I’ll be able to watch all those speeches of Modi Ji, on Youtube, that I miss when I’m at my shop!
- I’ll also be able to watch all those Pakistani TV serials on Youtube, that my sister is so crazy about these days!
- Online shopping would be so much cooler. No more waiting for product images to show up. No more repeated refreshing of the screen.
- Online banking would be a piece of cake, with no more “Session Timeouts” and “Please login again” messages.
- I’ll be able to actually see all those videos my friends share with me on whatsapp. (Right now, I don’t even bother clicking on them!)
- I’ll be able to have proper voice conversations with them on whatsapp or viber, without having to repeat everything at least 3 times!
- Oh and video calls on phone! That’s one thing I haven’t even tried yet because of the pathetic internet speeds in most parts of our country! How awesome it will be to actually use the front camera of my cell phone for something other than taking a selfie!
Ahhhh! So many beautiful dreams…. all seem possible now because of Airtel – the first ever company to roll out 4G services in India… and that too at 3G prices!
I wonder if it’s available in my city already…